YOUTH ART CONTEST
Art contest is open to students in grades K-12.
Win CASH prizes and ribbons for Art & Photography!
Download the artwork labels below and deliver with your artwork to the Meridian Museum of Art on April 26-30th between 11am & 4pm for entry.
Sponsored by the Meridian Council for the Arts
Contact Kate Cherry for Drop-off and Pick-up information:
Call 601.693.1501 or email at meridianmuseum@bellsouth
2022 Art contest
Artists may create whatever inspires them.
Painting — Oil, acrylic, watercolor, gouache, casein, tempera
Drawing — Pencil, ink, charcoal, pastel, crayon
Mixed Media — Two or more media, incorporating any number of materials, including collage and assemblage. Combinations of painting and drawing only should be submitted into either the painting or drawing category.
3-D Sculpture — Non-functional object modeled, carved, cast, constructed, or assembled of any material (including clay, glass, acrylic, wood, metal, etc.) Must be free-standing.
• Paintings, drawings, mixed media size limit is 30” x 36”.
• Artwork is to be mounted on poster board or matted (no frames or glass allowed). Hangers are not needed.
• Artwork MUST BE SIGNED by the artist and the attached information tag taped to the back (see next page for tag form).
• 3-D sculpture size limit is 24" X 36" and they must be free standing.
2022 Photography contest
Use your imagination! Photographs will be judged on composition, orginality, photographic technical skill and creativity.
Students may enter one (1) entry in color and one (1) in black and white. All entries submitted must be the work of the student.
• Photos must be 4” X 6” mounted on an 8” x 10” piece of white poster board, centered. Hangers are not needed.
• Do not mat or cover the front of the poster board or picture in any way.
2022 contest dETAILS
All entries will be displayed at the Meridian Museum of Art.
Students may enter both the art and photography contests. Only one (1) entry for Art Contest, (1) black and white photo and (1) color photo for Photography Contest may be entered.
Please fill out one label and attach to the back of the entry. Labels are on the Printable Application above.
First, Second and Third Place cash awards/ribbons and honorable mentions will be given to the following age categories:
• Kindergarten, 1st and 2nd Grades
• 3rd, 4th and 5th Grades
• 6th, 7th and 8th Grades
• 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th Grades
DEADLINE FOR DELIVERY
Artwork must be delivered to Meridian Museum of Art (628 25th Ave.; 601-693-1501) April 26-30, between the hours of 11 a.m. and 4 p.m. Please have artwork in a container with your school name on it.
JUDGING & DISPLAY
• Judging of artwork/photography will be during the first week of May.
• All artwork/photography will be displayed during the Threefoot Festival Saturday, May 14th, in the Meridian Museum of Art, 10a.m. – 4 p.m.
Presentation of awards will be made on the Festival Main Stage Saturday, May 14. Three places will be awarded in each age group, plus one honorable mention.
PICK-UP OF ARTWORK
• Students, parents or teachers may pick up artwork AFTER the Festival between 4 p.m. and 5 p.m. at the museum. Artwork/photography must stay on display until 4 p.m. so that Festival goers may enjoy the display.
• Any artwork not picked up May 14 must be picked up at the museum Tuesday through Saturday, May 17 - 21 between
11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• The Meridian Council for the Arts and the Meridian Museum of Art are not be responsible for art not picked up by May 21, 2022.